Female Wrestling in Manga

A place to talk about our love for the art and artists of Japan, as per their depictions of women's professional wrestling.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Never let it be said, I won't try to help, if I can ...

OK, for those that had wanted to see the "rules", I've scanned the pages that looked right to me. WAYYYYYYYY too much Japanese for my limited abilities, but, for those that have the kanji skills to work this out, be sure to report back to the rest of us!

Also, let it be known that I've never played a GURPS' game, so maybe for those of you that have, these will all make sense ... Greek to me, well, Japanese, but you know what I mean ... I'm more of a "Wild Arms" (best ending-credits sequence EVER!) / "Final Fantasy" person; let the PS2 do the math for me.













As you can see by the page numbers, there's a LOT of stuff in the book. There are the pages that show the +/- points at various levels, etc. Need those, too? Or is that all pretty "GURPS" standard? There are 11 characters in the first guide, plus the blank page to write your own, and 4 new characters in book two. Need those to make it work for you?

4 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hah, now I know what a wrestling ring looks like as a hexagonal battle grid. I wonder if any wrestling moves have an AoE.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, the only thing that would really make me happy is having the book in my hands. :)

    I'd recommend checking out GURPS sometime, but if you haven't tried any tabletop RPGs at all (gasp!)...

    Maybe d20 D&D?

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow d2b, you weren't kidding, this book looks extensive. Makes me wonder what kind of game rules GURPS designed for this game.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger chantymalo said…

    The official gurps site says this!!!

    GURPS Around the World
    Last updated June 3, 2005


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GURPS has been translated in several other languages:



    Japanese
    The Japanese edition of the Third Edition Basic Set, by Kadokawa Shoten Publishing, ran second only to the U.S. edition in sales! Kadokawa has produced many supplements, including some original game-worlds. Runal Saga is a popular fantasy background. Damned Stalkers is a modern horror background, and Ring Dream is about modern female wrestling ! A translation of the Fourth Edition is in process.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home