Female Wrestling in Manga

A place to talk about our love for the art and artists of Japan, as per their depictions of women's professional wrestling.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Well ... shoot ...

As much as I'd like to say otherwise, the new "Wrestle Angel" manga is really not that much of a "must have".

Much like the 1st "Rumble Roses" comics that hit the streets a few years ago, this is an anthology of brief pieces drawn by different artists, most of which have nothing to do with the women in in-ring mode; at the beach, shopping, cafes, chibi ... that's the kind of stuff. In fact, of 11 stories, only two have what I would call a "match" look ... well, 3, if you count "wrestling" a shark in a ring that's a swimming pool surrounded by ropes... see what I mean? ...

Not even a single color page except the cover (see below). The couple stories that DO have the characters doing what they do best (wrestling) are drawn fairly well; no hentai at least, so use your own judgement.

Hey, I did say I'd tell you more once I got mine ... not my fault if you've already ordered it!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I'm disappointed with the comic also. I'm going to sell mine with the Wrestling Angels videogame to get whatever money out of it.


    oh well.

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger godzillakilla2002 said…

    Hey I'll buy em off ya! A Chick wrestling a Shark sounds like a hoot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home