Female Wrestling in Manga

A place to talk about our love for the art and artists of Japan, as per their depictions of women's professional wrestling.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I've been wrestling with this one for a while now ...

... no pun intended.

As you all should know by now, I'm a firm believer in the need to support the artists/publishing houses that are willing to do manga which includes what we like: I don't, and won't, post for free what we, even as small an impact as it is, can buy. That being said:

http://kusanyagi.blogspot.com/search/label/fighting

This fellow accepts commissions from people to translate and revamp pages of manga for them. Some of these commissions are then made public, as per agreement with the commissioner.

Since this falls into a "not available for purchase" way to actually read the manga as opposed to kinda getting the story based on pictures ... well ... you see my dilemma ...

Oh, only the "Wrestle Idol" and "Cynthia" need be looked at. The other has no wrestling; more weapons and martial arts kind of stuff.

I keep thinking of sending him some of my scans (Beniko?), but at $1 a page, that would be another $400 ... we'll see ...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks by the page, have good material in fights f/f.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, it's been a while since I've seen you update. Glad to see you're still alive.

    I always thought that you knew Japanese, but I guess that was just me jumping to conclusions.

    However, I have to admit that I'm considering commissioning a couple things from him as well....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home